Friday, June 27, 2014

Under the Pier


The fishing pier in Belmar Beach is a popular photography location in New Jersey. Indeed, it is a beautiful place to spent your day in the summer. Last Saturday, I took a trip to Belmar Beach to shot the sunrise at the fishing pier. I start driving from my house at 3am and it took me an hour to arrive. Although I am not quite satisfy with my sunrise shot, I do have some shots of the beach and the fishing pier that make my day. 

This is one of my favorite of the day. I was standing under the pier. With the incoming tide and fast moving cloud, I decided to use the 10-stop ND filter to capture their movement. This ends up in a 100 seconds exposure which smooth out the tide and create radiant pattern of the cloud. In addition, the low angle sun casts some nice shadows on the beach and the soft morning sunlight cast some warm light on the rim of pillars.

No comments:

Post a Comment