Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hello World!

Dusk at Yavapai Point, Grand Canyon National Park

Hello World! My blog is finally up! I wanted to do this for some times but.... busy, no time... too many excuse! 

Perhaps a few sentences about myself - for the first post:) I am Kah-Wai Lin. I am from Malaysia and I live in Ukraine and Sweden for the past 10+ years (and a few more other countries for shorter term). In May 2012, I moved to US for a new job. I am currently a research scientist at Princeton University (yes, I have M.D. and Ph.D. degrees - not in photography). I shot since I was in high school, with a fully manual film SLR, and the hobby comes and goes when I was in medical school. When I was in Sweden, I worked as a part-time photographer in virtual reality tour and architectural interior. Now I am just a serious amateur photographer, a.k.a. cameraman:) 

My subjects of interest are very diverse - architectural interior, panorama, bird, nature, landscape and travel photography. Despite my broad interest, the two subjects that make me obsess for many years are church interior and nature. In the past few years, I have been photographing over 50 churches around the world, and the project continues. The beauty of church which is the mirror of human history and culture, have always amazed me, and motivate me to keep exploring the beauty of heavenly creation. Nature - one of the most beautiful thing created by God, has constantly amaze me and my mission as a photographer is to “capture” them and share it to the world. After visit to the National Park, my heart was immediately get captured. I want to visit them all!

I used to share my photos on Facebook, Flickr and photography forum. I always want a professional look website and I have been working on it for some times. Until recently, I switched to Smugmug and I love it! I guess I will keep it for a while until something better pop up:) For the blog, I would like to share my journey in photography and the wonderful experience of exploring our world.

I'd like to hear what you think about my website and blog - anything you like and dislike - design, content, photos, etc. Feel free to comment or email me at linkahwai@hotmail.com. I hope everyone enjoy my websites and photos! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment