Friday, July 18, 2014

Pipe Creek Vista Revisit


This is definitely the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen in my life. Pipe Creek Vista at the Grand Canyon National Park offer a majestic view of the already amazing geological formation. The view is absolutely breathtaking, although the photographing and post-processing render a big challenge for me. The high contrast of the sky and canyon forced me to take two different exposures and then blended in Photoshop. Further, the hazy view of canyon and the high contrast color at dusk render another challenges for post-processing. 

This was the 5th time I processed the same photos. When I review my earlier processing, they look quite different but I felt that the current version is getting closer to what I envisioned and how I feel at that short but excited moment when I stood on the edge of canyon. Perhaps this is due to the vision change - your skill changes, your "mind eye" is evolving, your mood at the time of processing, and/or perhaps something arose your feeling on the moment when you press the shutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment